Welcome to the Texas Legends team page. Here you will find out about everything going on about the Texas Legends.
The Texas Legends NBA Affiliate is the Dallas Mavericks. Play well enough in Texas and you may get called up to Dallas for an NBA Tryout.
Mike James, PG, Duquesne
- Mike James was once one of the best point guards to play basketball at Duquesne. The 39-year-old veteran can be a good bench player and mentor if you have a young point guard that struggles. Devin Harris and Jameer Nelson both average under 10 points per game at point guard on the Dallas Mavericks. Can James be any worse than Harris or Nelson at this point? A little competition never hurts.
Doron Lamb, SG, Kentucky
- Doron Lamb won a National Championship at Kentucky. He struggled in Milwaukee in Orlando. If he does well in Texas he can be a backup to Montae Ellis, but thats it Lambs early struggles with Milwaukee and Orlando show why Lamb was selected in the second round of the 2012 NBA Draft after some draft experts called him a draft steal. Ha thats rich for a shooting guard that has averaged below 3.5 points per game in 2 NBA seasons.
Damion James, SF, Texas
- The former Texas Longhorn embraced his first opportunity in the NBA D League with the Texas Legends. He got off to one of the hottest starts with the team after being waved by the eventual NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs. In one game he had 34 points against a Los Angeles D-Fenders team that made the NBA D League Playoffs in 2014. James averaged 21.4 points per game in 14 games with the Legends. James might be an upgrade over the current backups on the Dallas Mavericks. For now he needs to lead the Texas Legends with this strong supporting cast.
Bernard James, PF, Florida State
- Bernard James has the versatility to play power forward or center. He played power forward at Florida State before switching over to center after being drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers. Things never worked out for James in the NBA as he struggled to transition to center. He is playing his natural position of power forward where he once thrived at Florida State as a four-year starter. James will not succeed Dirk Nowitzki. One thing I will add is that James might be a good backup to have behind the guy that does succeed Nowitzki if he keeps working hard.
Omar Samhan, C, Saint Marys
- Omar Samhan is an American Egyptian. At 6-11 240 lbs, he is bigger than Brandan Wright and and Greg Smith. Samhain could blossom into a quality backup behind Tyson Chandler in a few years. For now Samhan just needs to work towards becoming the starter of the Texas Legends in the NBA D League.
Click the links for access to your favorite NBA D League Teams.
Draft Utopia NBA Draft Database-A database list of NBA Mock Drafts