2016 NFL Group Mock
Round 1 Picks 1-16
Posted By Chris Ransom Last Updated: April 14, 2016.
Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Ole Miss
- Mark T. Wilson of Tru Luv Sports had the first pick. He chose Laremy Tunsil with the first overall selection.
- Laremy Tunsil has ONE job to do--protect Marcus Mariota. While at Ole Miss he may have had his off-the-field troubles, but when focused on the game at hand there was no one better. These are no longer kids he's playing against, it's time for him to become a man and leave the childish antics behind and possibly position himself as one of the best tackles in the NFL.
- Would Cam Newton have won MVP this season without the services of Micheal Oher? This is what Tunsil must do for Mariota. He has the size (6'-5", 305lbs), the agility, speed and desire to be one of the best, he just needs to commit to it on and off the field.
- What he can do for Mariota he can also do for their ground game as they try to improve on their 25th ranked rushing attack. In a division that houses J.J. Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Kendall Langford, and with Dante Fowler coming back next season the Titans need someone to keep the pressure of their running backs and Mariota.
- This offensive line already has some core pieces and former first round picks like left tackle Taylor Lewan and right guard Chance Warmack. With Tunsil you get a new left tackle, move Lewan over to right tackle upgrading that offensive tackle position as well. Then the Titans current right tackle Jeremiah Poutasi can compliment Warmack at one of the guard spots where he belongs giving Marcus Mariota the pass protection and the Titans offense the running game they need to succeed.
Cleveland Browns: Myles Jack, 3-4 LOLB, UCLA
- Robert Cobb of Inscriber Mag is back for year 2. This year Rob went with UCLA rush linebacker Myles Jack who can play outside or inside linebacker.
- Rob was took Myles Jack. Jack has ability to compliment Nate Orchard as a starting outside linebacker which would give Cleveland a deadly tandem when healthy.
Previous Pick: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida State
- Jared Michael Palakanis picked for San Diego at 3. He took Jalen Ramsey over DeForest Buckner at 3.
- The Chargers will strongly consider Buckner, and I think by the time the actual draft comes around, he will ultimately be their pick.
- Jalen Ramsey remains in play, though. A strong 40 yard dash definitely keeps his stock high. It would be interesting to see him play a role similar to Bryon Jones in Dallas.
- The Chargers ideally would trade down, if they wanted Ramsey. If they do trade, though, it will be DURING the draft, as I'm sure they will consider Wentz or Goff, before ultimately deciding to stick with Rivers.
Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, RE, Ohio State
- Andrew Kermish picked for Dallas at 4. You can go to Draft Evolution to read his mock.
- Joey Bosa is the top player on the board and he fills a huge need for Dallas. I don't think the Cowboys can pass on Bosa here.
Jacksonville Jaguars: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
- Joseph Potter of Draft Evolution picked at 5. You can check out his 2016 NFL Mock Draft. Joey's decision to take Hargreaves over A'Shawn Robinson was pretty straightforward simply because this draft is deeper at defensive tackle.
- Vernon Hargreaves III would boost the Jaguars secondary. Robinson would be a great pick too, but the Jaguars may be able to get a defensive tackle later in the draft.
Baltimore Ravens: DeForest Buckner, 3-4 RE, Oregon
- Bryan Luis of Inscriber Mag picked at 6. With all of the Ravens top 5 players off the board he had a tough decision to make.
- With all of the guys I wanted gone, I had to take DeForest Buckner. Buckner went to Oregon the same Oregon that Haloti Ngata used to attend. I can see Buckner playing in a 3-4 right end role just like Haloti Ngata did with the Ravens for so many years.
Previous Pick: Myles Jack 3-4 LOLB, UCLA
San Francisco 49ers: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Stephen Coganator of Inscriber got his pick in at 7. Stephen took Carson Wentz seventh overall at quarterback.
- With the 7th pick, the 49ers select Carson Wentz. The Colin Kaepernick regime is coming to an end and Carson Wentz is simply too good to pass on here. Wentz could be another Ben Roethlisberger in the making.
Previous Pick: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
Philadelphia Eagles: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Nicole Drummond one of our MLS writers at Draft Utopia picked for the Eagles at 8. The Eagles went with a running game for their quarterback by adding Ezekiel Elliott out of Ohio State.
- The Eagles need a 3 down running back with DeMarco Murray gone. We placed Ryan Matthews on the trading block. Elliott is a complete 3-down back and a great fit for the Eagles.
- Elliott can spin, juke, run over defenders, stiff arm, truck, run to the outside, run it up the middle, catch out of the backfield, pass protect, and has the ball carrier vision you look for in a franchise running back. The Eagles have proven offensive tackles that can help Elliott reach 1,200 rushing yards and 13 rushing touchdowns in Jason Peters and Lane Johnson, and Elliott getting those numbers is realistic if Sam Bradford and this offensive line can stay healthy.
Previous Pick: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Emmanuel Ogbah, RE, Oklahoma State
- Grace Mothersole who writes for Draft Evolution and our site Draft Utopia picked at ninth. Grace has her own Facebook page called Grace's GameCenter with NHL updates. I thought her writeup was pretty fabulous.
- Alright with the ninth pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Emmanuel Ogbah, RE, Oklahoma State. Tampa Bay's biggest needs are at left tackle, cornerback, and right end.
- Alright I was going to take Emmanuel Ogbah last time, but the Dolphins took him eighth overall in our first group mock draft. Ogbah is available he's got two seasons with double digit sacks. Putting Ogbah at right end with Jacqueis Smith makes Tampa Bay very deadly at defensive end.
New York Giants: Reggie Ragland, MLB, Alabama
- Brian Bayless picked at 10. He writes NBA content on Draft Utopia. He kept gloating about how great Steve Longa is at ROLB because he went to Rutgers. To his defense, Longa knows how to execute tackles as he has 3 consecutive seasons of 110 total tackles. At the same time, Bayless was smart enough to realize that passing on A'Shawn Robinson or Reggie Ragland would have been foolish.
- With the tenth pick in the 2016 NFL Mock Draft, the New York Giants select Reggie Ragland MLB Alabama. Both A'Shawn Robinson and Reggie Ragland fill dire needs for the New York Giants at defensive tackle and middle linebacker. This draft feels like it's deeper and I don't think the Giants can go wrong with either player.
- Even though I love what Rutgers right outside linebacker Steve Longa brings to the table taking him at ten is foolish. The Giants could get a DT in round 2 with this deep draft and Longa in round 3.
- Reggie Ragland has amazing tape. He also had an awesome Senior Bowl. I'm speechless and greatful that Ragland fell to New York at 10.
Chicago Bears: Jared Goff, QB, California
- Jimmy Dicken the 2015 Champion of the Bantle Fantasy Football League and the first Bantle Bowl winner picked for his Chicago Bears at 11. Ronnie Stanley fell out of the top 10 and he was no question the slam dunk pick.
- With the 11th pick, the Chicago Bears select California QB Jared Goff. Goff may be the best quarterback in the 2016 NFL Draft, and the best part is we can play Cutler this year, get a left tackle in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, and ease Jared Goff into this lineup over time without rushing him in. Goff is a special quarterback, and long term he's an upgrade over Cutler if we get him a left tackle and give him a chance to develop.
Previous Pick: Ronnie Stanley, RT, Notre Dame
New Orleans Saints: Shaq Lawson, RE, Clemson
- Mitch Pabst pick here. He was the owner of Breez Nutz in the Bantle Fantasy Football League. It's worth noting that Mitch's team was the only team that swept me in the regular season. Mitch took Shaq Lawson who fills a dire need as a pass rusher.
- Obviously the Saints could've got 20 ways here, OG, WR, but mostly they need a DE across from Jordan on either side. Lawson is the top pass rusher here and that's why he's a great pick for the Saints.
Previous Pick: Noah Spence, RE, Eastern Kentucky
Miami Dolphins: Darron Lee, ROLB, Ohio State
- Emily Rosario, our MLB writer at Draft Utopia picked eighth. She went with Darron Lee over Derrick Henry.
- Well the Dolphins brought in Kiko Alonso who will play middle linebacker. A right outside linebacker who can make big things happen and replace the injury prone Koa Misi like Lee is exactly what the Dolphins defense needs.
Previous Pick: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
Oakland Raiders: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
- Oren Shiri, who makes NFL Predictions with us at Draft Utopia picked for the Oakland Raiders at 14. He went with Sheldon Rankins mainly due to most of the other players that he was targeting getting picked ahead of the Raiders.
- Oakland has to go best player available here. I wish the Raiders would trade down here for more picks. Rankins is the best player available and he may be good enough to push Justin Ellis for a starting defensive tackle job.
Previous Pick: DeForest Buckner, 3-4 LE, Oregon
Los Angeles Rams: Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss
- Ken LeBlanc picked for the Los Angeles Rams at 15. Ken agreed to take any team available and I gave Ken the Rams simply because I'm upset at Kronke for relocating the Rams to LA. I know it's business, but the Rams won their only Super Bowl in St. Louis so their championship gear for Super Bowl 34 should stay there. I actually liked the Robert Nkemidche selection, but it received a ton of mixed reviews as well as some trolling from multiple teams.
- With the fifteenth pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Los Angeles Rams select Robert Nkemdiche defensive end, defensive tackle, linebacker, tight end, and fullback from Ole Miss. Nkemdiche is the best player in the entire draft. His versatility makes him a threat on offense as well as defense.
- Although many are concerned with his character, I find that to be foolish. Like Tyrann Mathieu, Nkemdiche's stock has fallen mainly based on society's ideas that marijuana is bad. It's not so I see no character concerns. Welcome to the Rams Robert Nkemdiche!!
Detroit Lions: Leonard Floyd, LOLB, Georgia
- Jeff Hensley, a die hard Lions follower picked for Detroit at 16. He took Leonard Floyd at 16.
- With the 16th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. The Detroit Lions select. Leonard Floyd out of the University of Georgia. Floyd gives Detroit an extra outside linebacker to compliment DeAndre Levy and someone who may even be able to convert to middle linebacker where Tulloch played.
Previous Pick: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
NFL Draft Positional Rankings
Running Back Rankings
Wide Receiver Rankings
Tight End Rankings
Offensive Tackle Rankings
Defensive End Rankings
Defensive Tackle Rankings
Outside Linebacker Rankings
Middle Linebacker Rankings
Draft Utopia NFL Draft Database-A database list of NFL Mock Drafts
Walter Football (Walt)
Walter Football (Charlie)
My NFL Draft
NFL Draft Room
Guys NFL Draft Lockeroom
NFL Draft Insiders
The Sports Bank
Fueled By Sports