2017 NFL Draft: Kicker Rankings
Chris Ransom follow @DraftUtopia Last Updated: December 9, 2016
- Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State Projected Round 4th Round
- 2016 Season Recap The 6-1 195 lb Zane Gonzalez was the nations best kicker in 2016. Gonzalez went 23/25 on field goal attempts and 7/9 on field goal attempts of 50-yards or above.
- Zane Gonzalez was money on any field goal attempts in the 20-49 yard range. Gonzalez won the 2016 Lou Groza Award for the best kicker in College Football and rightfully so.
- Zane Gonzalez has already accepted an invite to the 2017 Senior Bowl in Mobile. Gonzalez has the kicking power and kicking accuracy to start in the NFL right away at kicker.
- Zane Gonzalez went 25/30 on field goals in 2013 as a freshman. He also went 63/65 on extra points as a true freshman.
- Zane Gonzalez went 22/27 on field goals in 2014. Gonzalez went 50/52 on extra points as a sophomore in 2014. Gonzalez was a Lou Groza Award Semifinalist as a sophomore.
- Zane Gonzlaez went 26/34 on field goals in 2015. Gonzalez went 52/52 on extra points as a junior in 2015 being perfect on extra points.
- Zane Gonzalez needs a huge senior year where he shows improvement in kicking power and kicking accuracy. If Gonzalez shows that he could rise up boards and be the top kicker drafted.
- Jake Elliott, K, Memphis Projected Round 5th Round
- 2016 Season Recap The 5-10 165 lb Jake Elliott is a top 3 kicker in this draft. Jake Elliott made 144 consecutive extra points breaking Stephen Gostkowski's record at Memphis for most extra points made in a row.
- Jake Elliott went 20/24 on field goals in 2016. Elliott went 54/54 on extra points in 2016. Elliott went his entire career without missing an extra point and has accepted an invite to the 2017 Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama.
- Jake Elliott never missed an extra point in his three year career at Memphis. Elliott went 24/24 as a freshman in 2013, 57/57 as a sophomore in 2014, and 63/63 on extra points as a junior in 2015.
- Elliott went 23/28 with field goals as a junior in 2015. Only Stephen Gostkowki and DeAngelo Williams have registered more career points for Memphis than Jake Elliott.
- Adam Griffith, K, Alabama Projected Round 6th Round
- 2016 Season Recap The 5-10 193 lb Adam Griffith did consider declaring for the 2016 NFL Draft. Griffith ended up returning to school for his senior season.
- Adam Griffith went 19/26 on field goals in 2016. Griffith was 59/60 on extra points in 2016. Griffith struggled some as a senior with his longest kick coming from 48-yards after hitting a 55-yard field goal as a junior, but is still a top 3 kicker in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Adam Griffith hit a 55-yard field goal last year in 2015. Griffith went 12/19 on field goals and 44/45 on extra points in his first year as a starter in 2014. Griffith went 23/32 on field goals despite going 63/63 on extra points in 2015. The fact that Griffith missed more field goals than Andy Phillips is why he came in at 2 on this list.
- Younghoe Koo, K, Georgia Southern Projected Round 6th Round
- 2016 Season Recap The 5-11 190 lb Younghoe Koo could get drafted in the 2017 NFL Draft. Younghoe Koo went 19/20 on field goals in 2016. Koo went 28/29 on extra points in 2016. Koo hit a 53-yard field goal.
- Younghoe Koo went 7/9 on field goals in 2015. Koo has a lot of talent, but needs to put together a huge senior season if he wants to get drafted.
- Andy Phillips, K, Utah Projected Round 7th Round
- 2016 Season Recap The 5-10 210 lb Andy Phillips is one of Utah's captains despite being a kicker. Phillips has the intensity I love from a kicker saying an 80-yard field goal doesn't count unless you hit the field goal under the bright lights in the Fall when a defense is rushing your kicker. I love the answer Phillips gave which is why he's my top kicker for the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Andy Phillips went 1/2 on field goals in Utah's opener. He went 3/3 on extra points against Southern Utah though.
- Phillips went 17/21 on field goals in 2016. Phillips went 41/41 on extra points in 2016. Phillips did not kick long distance kicks in 2016 and that's why he went from being the top kicker to a kicker that may not even get drafted.
- Andy Phillips went 23/28 on field goals in 2014 as a sophomore. Andy Phillips went 23/27 on field goals in 2015. All four misses were from 45-yards or longer during is junior season.
- Andy Phillips went 41/41 on extra points as freshman in 2013, 44/45 on extra points in 2014, and 47/47 ln extra points in 2015. Phillips is very consistent with only one missed extra point in his three year career at Utah.
- Andy Phillips was the only kicker in College Football to make every field goal inside of 40 yards last season. Phillips made a career long 53-yard field goal in 2015.