2016 NFL Mock Draft
Round 1 Picks 1-16
NFL Draft is coming before we all know it everyone will be glued to the television or lucky enough to watch from the true experience that NFL town Chicago has to offer. For all football fans alike it has become a true spectacle to watch and enjoy every minute from the first pick overall to Mr. Irrelevant the selection that ends the seventh round. Currently all the college players have enter or are preparing for their Pro Day but nothing stops there. NFL Free agency begins Wednesday afternoon and the new NFL year opens here is a glance of what the NFL Draft first round may look like barring no trades. This is the first out of two complete mocks I will post many of these selections based on the best available player and/or needs, and that will be updated in the next few weeks.
Posted By Oren Shiri Last Updated: March 7, 2016.
Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Ole Miss
- Tennessee needs to protect their investment Marcus Mariota. Drafting Tunsil as a blindside at left tackle and moving Taylor Lewan to right tackle is the first big step the Titans can take to begin the 2016 NFL Draft.
Cleveland Browns: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Johnny Nightclub is on his way out of Cleveland. Johnny Manziel may have been a star at Texas A&M, but he was never the answer for the Browns. Carson Wentz has the physical tools and championship pedigree that a franchise quarterback needs to have. Cleveland has been searching for a quarterback with the ability to act on instinct like Ben Roethlisberger, the quarterback for Cleveland's division rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers. They finally get their man in North Dakota State's Carson Wentz.
San Diego Chargers: DeForest Buckner, 3-4 LE, Oregon
- San Diego needs another 3-4 player on their front 7. DeForest Buckner is a better fit for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa and Buckner is creeping up boards like Dante Fowler did last year.
Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, RE, Ohio State
- Dallas will have an abundance of options if they end up with the fourth overall pick in 2016. Defensive end seems like the most likely route though with the team releasing Greg Hardy, Randy Gregory being suspended for the first four games, and Joey Bosa still on the board. Dallas makes Bosa the selection at defensive end, but its possible he plays left end next to DeMarcus Lawrence. Regardless of what side Bosa plays on, he gives Dallas an immediate starter at defensive end.
Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida State
- Jacksonville goes with a safety at 5. The Jaguars need help on the secondary and Jalen Ramsey plus Jonathan Cyrpien gives the Jaguars their own version of Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas at safety. Ramsey can also play cornerback.
Baltimore Ravens: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
- Baltimore needs to get Joe Flacco better protection. Ronnie Stanley could improve that area of the Ravens at 6.
San Francisco 49ers: Jared Goff, QB, California
- Colin Kaepernick will get dealt. The 49ers will not pass on another Golden Bear. They learned that lesson the hard way after passing on Alex Smith for Aaron Rodgers, a decision that's haunted them to this very day.
Miami Dolphins: Myles Jack, LOLB, UCLA
- Miami may trade this pick to Philadelphia thanks to the Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell trade that took place earlier today. For now the Dolphins add a linebacker in Myles Jack. Miami can put Alonso at middle linebacker, get a right outside linebacker in Free Agency, and then draft Myles Jack at 8.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
- Tampa Bay needs a #1 cornerback. Vernon Hargreaves III is a #1 cornerback with the ninth pick at this spot.
New York Giants: Reggie Ragland, MLB, Alabama
- Reggie Ragland makes total sense at this spot. Ragland is the top player available and fills a big need for the Giants at this point.
Chicago Bears: Darron Lee, 3-4 MLB, Ohio State
- The Chicago Bears need a 3-4 middle linebacker. Darron Lee showed he was versatile enough to drop back into coverage at 3-4 inside linebacker plus he ran a 4.43 40. Chicago may be able to use him as a rush linebacker as well.
New Orleans Saints: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
- The Saints need a 4-3 defensive tackle. A'Shawn Robinson is a bargain at 12.
Philadelphia Eagles: Jack Conklin, RT, Michigan State
- Philadelphia can sit Conklin for a year with Jason Peters and Lane Johnson on the roster. Conklin will start across from Lane Johnson at right tackle when Peters leaves the team.
Oakland Raiders: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Oakland should pair Elliott up with Latavis Murray. Doing this gives Oakland one of the best 1/2 tandems in the NFL at running back.
Los Angeles Rams: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
- The St. Louis Rams have relocated to Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Rams get a new quarterback to be the face of their new city. Paxton Lynch is the guy at 15 with Sam Bradford re-signing in Philadelphia.
Detroit Lions: Laquon Treadewell, WR, Ole Miss
- Detroit grabs Megatron's heir here. Laquon Treadwell is the top receiver in the 2016 NFL Draft.
NFL Draft Positional Rankings
Running Back Rankings
Wide Receiver Rankings
Tight End Rankings
Offensive Tackle Rankings
Defensive End Rankings
Defensive Tackle Rankings
Outside Linebacker Rankings
Middle Linebacker Rankings
Draft Utopia NFL Draft Database-A database list of NFL Mock Drafts
Tony Mario's 2016 NFL Mock Draft
Jason Bantle's 2016 NFL Mock Draft
2016 NFL Group Mock Draft
Walter Football (Walt)
Walter Football (Charlie)
Draft Evolution (Joey)
Draft Evolution (Andrew)
My NFL Draft
NFL Draft Room
Guys NFL Draft Lockeroom
Kings Mock Draft
The Sports Bank
Fueled By Sports
Eat Drink And Sleep Football