Mark Sciubba's 2018 NFL Mock Draft: 2.0
Round 1 Picks 17-32
Mark Sciubba follow @MarkSciubbaDoe Last Updated: August 9, 2017.
Cleveland Browns: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
- Cleveland just takes the best player on the board with their second first round pick. Like I said earlier. They'll trade both if they have to for Sam Darnold.
Previous Pick: Da'Ron Payne, DL, Alabama
New Orleans Saints: Josh Sweat, EDGE, Florida State
- The Saints finally get a blue chip Pass Rushing prospect. They may want to go all in for a Franchise QB to replace Brees next year but the defense is just so atrocious. Another bold prediction I have is Saints will clean house after this season. Sean Payton won't have to look long for work if they do.
Previous Pick: Arden Key, EDGE, LSU
Carolina Panthers: Kevin Tolliver, CB, LSU
- I think Panthers desperately need a guy like Fitzpatrick. He's the best corner I've seen come out of Alabama in the Nick Saban era. He's just so natural and gives you everything you want from a DB. He's my CB1 as of right now.
Previous Pick: Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama
Washington Redskins: Bradley Chubb, EDGE, North Carolina State
- If Washington is smart they throw a truck load of money at Kirk Cousins and say sorry. Then get him a best friend and his version of Zeke in Guice. I don't think he is but I promise you before the 2018 NFL draft people in the media or anonymous scout number 12 is gonna say the hot take that Guice is better than Fournette. I don't know if that's true but he's worth a pick in the first round.
Previous Pick: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sam Hubbard, EDGE, Ohio State
- Hubbard is one of the dominant pass rushing trio they have at Ohio State that could all be first rounders eventually. Only two are eligible for next years draft though and potential wise I'll put my money on Hubbard to be the guy who reaches his round 1 potential. The Buccaneers also have made building a strong defense a big priority.
Tennessee Titans: Dorance Armstrong Jr., EDGE, Kansas
- I don't know why it's taking so long for the Titans to get Jurrell Casey a running mate on the DL but it has. Hand flashed brilliance last year and with a full time Roll in 2018 he can prove he's a first round talent.
Previous Pick: Da'Shawn Hand, DL, Alabama
Pittsburgh Steelers: Da'Ron Payne, DL, Alabama
- Another guy I think could be the number 1 safety prospect come next year. Alabama will again be stacked in the secondary next year.
Previous Pick: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
Dallas Cowboys: Porter Gustin, EDGE, USC
- Dallas could very easily go back to back first round picks on Edge rushers. They've had no luck in the area. I've heard Chubb getting potentially the next Garret or Clowney type buzz. He's got a lot to show to live up to that but regardless he's got first round traits.
Previous Pick: Bradley Chubb, EDGE, North Carolina State
Indianapolis Colts: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
- This time last year I had Carter in the first round of my way too early 2017 mock. He has so much potential and is an athletic freak. He just has yet to turn it on. If he does NFL scouts will be salivating about his potential.
Previous Pick: Lorenzo Carter, EDGE, Georgia
New York Giants: Matthew Thomas, LB, Florida State
- The Giants should be in the Cornerback discussion by next years draft. They should be Super Bowl contenders next year and they have what they think can be the QB of the future so it frees them up to get a guy like McFadden here.
Previous Pick: Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State
Buffalo Bills: Jeremiah Briscoe, QB, Sam Houston State
- Unless their really bad I'm 2018 I highly doubt the Bills keep both of their first round picks. I think they and Cleveland will make major pushes to trade up for Darnold if they need to. Watts would be a great pick here. A tackling machine in the backend of the defense with great coverage skills and room to improve Watts has a chance to jump Derwin James to be the first safety selected come next year.
Previous Pick: Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
Seattle Seahawks: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
- Seattle finally gets a true number 1 receiver for Wilson. Baldwin is great and has number 1 production but other than him and Graham the Seahawks offensive weapons have been lackluster.
Previous Pick: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
Oakland Raiders: Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
- The raiders never got their franchise LB in the 2017 NFL draft. The board just didn't fall to them how they wanted. If Texas has a resurgence year guys like Jefferson are the ones who will reap the benefits come draft time.
Previous Pick: Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas
Atlanta Falcons: Chukwuma Okorafor, OL, Western Michigan
- Atlanta continues their theme of getting big athletic corners with Alexander. He has the size and athleticism to play himself into first round status by next draft.
Previous Pick: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
New England Patriots: Billy Price, OL, Ohio State
- Mack can play the roles Vince Wilfork did and be the perfect Patriot for the next 10 years. Pairing Mack up with Malcolm Brown would make it literally impossible to run on the Patriots.
Previous Pick: Daylon Mack, DL, Texas A&M
Green Bay Packers: Duke Ejiofor, EDGE, Wake Forest
- In this mock I have the Packers winning the Super Bowl. They get a guy to sit behind Rodgers and learn to hopefully one day be the next Franchise QB. Mayfield is like a slower but better Johnny Manziel. Unlike Manziel he has heart and leadership skills. If he can play as well as he did last season with less weapons he'll get late first round buzz.
Previous Pick: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
Other 2018 NFL Mock Drafts