Mark Sciubba's 2018 NFL Mock Draft: Debut
Round 1 Picks 1-16
The 2018 NFL Draft may be the deepest quarterback group in quite some time.
Mark Sciubba follow @MarkSciubbaDoe Last Updated: May 5, 2017.
Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
- Ladies and gentleman it looks like we're finally gonna have it. A draft with multiple QBs that could be first round franchise QB potential. Darnold is the best from what I've seen on tape. He looks like a guy you can put right up there with Luck and Winston as far as QB prospects go. The one negative right now imo is that USC players ranked number 1 at their position preseason for the draft almost never stay there. Darnold is a QB worth the number 1 pick.
New York Jets: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
- Another great QB prospect Josh Rosen has had big things expected of him since Freshman year. Before the rise of Sam Darnold everyone and their moms had Rosen penciled in as the number 1 pick of the 2018 NFL Draft. He's gotten great coaching at UCLA and is another prospect teams are thinking franchise QB with.
San Francisco 49ers: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
- If SF decides against signing Cousins then this will be a QB spot too. I think Barkley would be the absolute perfect player for Shanahans offense. He's and ultra talented do it all back. He has some Leonard Fournette and Christian Maccafery to his game.
Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
- Bills hope that they get their franchise QB here. They acquired and extra first round pick for next year so they could be a team that looks to trade away a haul of draft picks to get Darnold. Many respected Analysts and NFL sources have claimed that Allen is the best QB prospect for next years draft. He'll have to dominate at Wyoming to earn that right in my mind.
Chicago Bears: Derwin James, S, Florida State
- Chicago needs a game changer in their secondary. James could be that guy for them. A strong defense and run game is the only way you're getting to a Super Bowl with Trubisky and Glennon as your QBs.
Los Angeles Rams: Mike McGlinchey, OL, Notre Dame
- The Rams get Jared Goff who will hopefully be coming off a promising year by the time the NFL drafts again a blindside protector for the long term because left tackle Andrew Whitworth is a short-term option. The Rams have desperately been trying to build a great O line for years. They let the draft come to them and get a guy who will help out Goff and Gurley.
Carolina Panthers: Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama
- I think Panthers desperately need a guy like Fitzpatrick. He's the best corner I've seen come out of Alabama in the Nick Saban era. He's just so natural and gives you everything you want from a DB. He's my CB1 as of right now.
Cincinnati Bengals: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
- Alexander is a Corner who has all the physical tools along with the schedule to make himself into a top 10 player come next year. If Louisville has a big year and he can solidify himself as a lockdown corner for the Cardinals they'll have a chance to make the CFP this coming season.
New Orleans Saints: Arden Key, EDGE, LSU
- The Saints finally get a blue chip Pass Rushing prospect. They may want to go all in for a Franchise QB to replace Brees next year but the defense is just so atrocious. Another bold prediction I have is Saints will clean house after this season. Sean Payton won't have to look long for work if they do.
Los Angeles Chargers: Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson
- The Chargers need to take advantage of the beast they have in Bosa and get him a tag team partner on that line. Wilkins is a athletic defensive tackle that can stop the run dead in its track and get in the QBs face.
Baltimore Ravens: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
- Another year, another Alabama player for the Ravens. If Nick Saban wants it to happen he can probably get Ridley a Heisman. He's so talented and looks like a top 10 talent when he's the featured guy in that Alabama offense.
Arizona Cardinals: Jeremiah Briscoe, QB, Sam Houston State
- Expect Briscoe to have a Carson Wentz rise this draft process, and for every draft analyst to pretend they knew who he was the whole time. Briscoe Led the FCS in the major passing categories last year and has the build and look of a franchise QB on tape. He had 57 passing TDs and a QB rating of 172.9 while averaging 352 yards a game. I like him better than last years number 2 overall pick Mitchell Trubisky. If he can confirm to teams he's smart, tough, and a leader by next year he can easily hear his name called in round 1. He's my QB2 behind only Darnold.
Philadelphia Eagles: Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
- Eagles added guys they think they can be number 1 corners for them in the 2017 draft. Unless they fall in love with a tackle or receiver adding an explosive edge rusher like Landry would be a great move. He has first round buzz in the 2017 draft before he went back to school and he should be a round 1 lock in 2018 if he performs as well.
Detroit Lions: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
- Detroit adds a true number one receiver for the last few laps of Matthew Staffords career. Sutton has the ideal size and speed for a number 1 receiver in the NFL and the stats to back it up.
Jacksonville Jaguars: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
- I think Jaguars will be a much improved team next year. Relying on the run game and a strong defense they can just have Blake Bortles play game manager til they can find a better option in the 2018 draft class. Mason Rudolph has all the tools to succeed in the NFL and I think he would have been a late first rounder if he came out in 2017.
Washington Redskins: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
- If Washington is smart they throw a truck load of money at Kirk Cousins and say sorry. Then get him a best friend and his version of Zeke in Guice. I don't think he is but I promise you before the 2018 NFL draft people in the media or anonymous scout number 12 is gonna say the hot take that Guice is better than Fournette. I don't know if that's true but he's worth a pick in the first round.
Other 2017 NFL Mock Drafts