Brian Bayless 2017 NBA Mock Draft
Round 1 Picks 16-30
Brian Bayless Last Updated: June 19, 2017.
Chicago Bulls: Jawun Evans, PG, Oklahoma State
- Chicago needs a starting point guard. They never replaced Derrick Rose and Evans makes total sense here.
Milwaukee Bucks: Justin Patton, C, Creighton
- The Bucks get Justin Patton here. Patton is a great fit for what the Bucks need at center.
Indiana Pacers: Luke Kennard, SG, Duke
- The Pacers have a good starting five. I think they ignore need and take the best player on their board. At this point that player is Kennard.
Atlanta Hawks: T.J. Leaf, PF, UCLA
- T.J. Leaf can play the 3 at small forward or the 4 at power forward. Hawks need forward upgrades at both spots making Leaf a perfect pick here.
Portland Trail Blazers: Bam Adebayo, C, Kentucky
- Portland gets a center here. Bam Adebayo is a great defender.
Oklahoma City Thunder: Ivan Rabb, PF, California
- Ivan Rabb would be a great replacement for Serge Ibaka. He's not the defender Ibaka was, but he scores like Ibaka on offense.
Brooklyn Nets: Terrance Ferguson, SG, Adelaide
- The Brooklyn Nets need a point guard, shooting guard, small forward, and power forward. Ferguson is the top player on the board at 22.
Toronto Raptors: Isaiah Hartenstein, PF, Zalgiris
- His size and power forward possibilities plus the Raptors losing 3 power forwards to Free Agency make him an option for the Raptors at 23. Hartenstein makes sense here.
Utah Jazz: Caleb Swanigan, PF, Purdue
- The Jazz need an upgrade at power forward over Derrick Favors. Caleb Swanigan out of Purdue is an awesome fit here.
Orlando Magic: OG Anunoby, SF, Indiana
- Orlando should get OG Anunoby coming off a season ending injury expecting a steal. OG Anunoby is a steal at this point since he's a great defender.
Portland Trail Blazers: Semi Ojeleye, SF, SMU
- Portland has Evan Turner and Al-Farouq Aminu at small forward. Semi Ojeleye is a great shooter and defender plus he may be an upgrade over both.
Brooklyn Nets: Harry Giles, PF, Duke
- Harry Giles was a top 5 prospect back at the beginning of the year. He falls to Brooklyn due to injuries.
Los Angeles Lakers: Thomas Bryant, C, Indiana
- The Lakers get a starting center. Thomas Bryant is the top center on the board at this point.
San Antonio Spurs: Tyler Dorsey, SG, Oregon
- San Antonio gets a shooting guard for when Manu Ginobli retires. Tyler Dorsey is good on both offense and defense. That's something the Spurs value.
Utah Jazz: Derrick White, SG, Colorado
- Utah drafts Derrick White. He's versatile enough to play the 1 at point guard or the 2 at shooting guard plus he defends well. That's why Derrick White makes sense here at 30.
Other 2017 NBA Mock Drafts