2018 NFL Mock Draft: 2 Rounds
Round 1 Picks 17-32
Chris Ransom follow @DraftUtopia Last Updated: December 14, 2017 with updates every Thursday leading up to Draft Day.
Dallas Cowboys: Clelin Ferrell, RE, Clemson
- Dallas is now a team that I am projecting to miss the 2017 NFC Playoffs. They get sophomore redshirt Clelin Ferrell who has convinced me he's the second best 4-3 defensive end behind Chubb. Ferrell had 12 tackles for a loss and 6 sacks as a freshman redshirt in 2016. Ferrell has 17 tackles for a loss and 8.5 sacks in 2017 so he's built off of his success in 2017.
Detroit Lions: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
- Detroit may need a replacement to Haloti Ngata. Da'Ron Payne is the best defensive tackle on the board and an awesome value pick at 18.
Green Bay Packers: Arden Key, 3-4 ROLB, LSU
- The Packers need a pass rusher for depth. Clay Matthews has dominated the last two weeks, but his contract runs through 2019 and there isn't a left guard worth taking with Quenton Nelson off the board. Drafting Arden Key who many consider the top outside linebacker in the 2018 NFL Draft seems like something Green Bay would do.
Previous Pick: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
Seattle Seahawks: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
- Seattle needs a starting running back. Bryce Love has 1,848 rushing yards and 16 rushing touchdowns in 2017.
Previous Pick: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
Buffalo Bills: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
- Buffalo needs another defensive tackle to replace Marcel Dareus. Maurice Hurst is an awesome value pick for Buffalo at 21. Hurst accepted his invite to the 2018 Senior Bowl.
Previous Pick: Beau Benzschawel, RG, Wisconsin
Buffalo Bills: Holton Hill, CB, Texas
- Buffalo drafts a cornerback to play next to Tre'Davious White. The 6-3 200 lb Holton Hill kept both James Washington and Allen Lazard in check. Buffalo may look past his off the field issues. I think his talent is very similar to Marcus Peters.
Previous Pick: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
Atlanta Falcons: Ronnie Harrison, FS, Alabama
- Atlanta realizes the value of drafting Ronnie Harrison at 23. This pick is pretty much a no brainer for Atlanta at this point.
Carolina Panthers: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
- The Panthers watched Cam Newton complain about not having a #1 target. I always thought Funchess was a #2 target at best. He earned his stripes after the Monday Night game. James Washington is currently my top ranked receiver in the 2018 NFL Draft. Washington is playing in the 2018 Senior Bowl.
Previous Pick: Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo
Tennessee Titans: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, 3-4 ROLB, Oklahoma
- Tennessee takes a pass rusher for depth. Erik Walden is in a contract year. Both Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan enter contract years in 2018. The 6-1 241 lb Ogbonnia Okornkwo is a 3-4 outside linebacker with 17.5 tackles for a loss and 8 sacks in 2017. He dominated against Iowa State left tackle Jack Campos despite losing that game. Okoronkwo got an invite to Mobile.
Jacksonville Jaguars: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
- I have Jacksonville getting Blake Bortles a weapon here if they make the playoffs. The Jaguars go with the best overall player on the board. Anthony Miller is my second best wide receiver in the 2018 NFL Draft after James Washington. Miller compliments Dede Westbrook well and he accepted a 2018 Senior Bowl invite.
Previous Pick: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota State
Los Angeles Rams: Chukwuma Okorafor, RT, Western Michigan
- The Rams get Chukwuma Okorafor at 27. Okorafor gives the Rams a right tackle to compliment left tackle Andrew Whitworth. Okorafor is such a steal at this point.
Previous Pick: Connor Williams, RT, Texas
New Orleans Saints: Harold Landry, LE, Boston College
- New Orleans gets another pass rusher next to Cameron Jordan. They go with Harold Landry here. They could also get Mason Rudolph, but I don't get a Mason Rudolph vibe with Harold Landry.
Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo
- The 6-2 207 lb Anthony Johnson is Jadeveon Clowney's cousin. He's projected to run a 4.44 40-time. Johnson has 76 receptions, 1,356 receiving yards, and 14 receiving touchdowns in his first season with Buffalo after playing in Community College. Minnesota drafts Anthony Johnson at 29 since they have the luxury to take the best overall player on the board.
Previous Pick: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
New England Patriots: Connor Williams, LT, Texas
- The Patriots go with the best overall player on the board. Left tackle Nate Solder is a Free Agent in 2018. Right tackle Marcus Cannon is on injured reserved. I like the idea of Connor Williams as New England's left tackle late in the first round and then grooming Tony Garcia to be the right tackle of the future.
Previous Pick: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
Philadelphia Eagles: Orlando Brown, LT, Oklahoma
- Philadelphia has Jason Peters at left tackle and Lane Johnson at right tackle. Philadelphia gets Orlando Brown as someone they can groom for the future behind Jason Peters.
Previous Pick: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
Pittsburgh Steelers: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
- Ben Roethlisberger will retire if Pittsburgh wins Super Bowl 52. Mason Rudolph accepted his invite to the 2018 Senior Bowl. He's the best quarterback on the board at this point making him Ben Roethlisberger's successor if Pittsburgh wins Super Bowl 52 and he retires.
- Mason Rudolph now has 4,553 passing yards, 35 passing touchdowns, and 9 interceptions. Those are first round numbers, but Rudolph has second round tape. Pittsburgh looks past that at 32 and Mason may be a riser with a strong Senior Bowl week in Mobile.
Previous Pick: Orlando Brown, LT, Oklahoma
Other 2018 NFL Mock Drafts