Tony Mario's 2017 NFL Mock Draft: 7 Rounds
Tony Mario Last Updated: April 24, 2017.
Cleveland Browns: Obi Melifonwu, FS, Connecticut
- Obi Melifonwu fills a huge need at one of the safety spots for the Browns. He's the perfect player for the Browns to take at this point.
- Other Cleveland Browns Selections
San Francisco 49ers: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
- San Francisco is taking a quarterback here. John Lynch has raved about this years quarterbacks. Even though I like Mitchell Trubisky the best, DeShone Kizer is the guy the 49ers seem to have the most interest in.
- Other San Francisco 49ers Selections
Jacksonville Jaguars: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
- Jacksonville signed Mychal Rivera. I still feel like Evan Engram is an upgrade over Rivera at tight end though giving Blake Bortles another weapon to work with. Mychal Rivera, Marcedes Lewis, and Evan Engram would compete to be the starting tight end in Jacksonville and regardless of who started the Jaguars would have a lot of depth at tight end.
- Other Jacksonville Jaguars Selections
Chicago Bears: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
- Chicago got Mike Glennon in Free Agency. Kevin White cannot stay healthy despite being the Bears #1 receiver now. Cameron Meredith has a chance to surpass White as Glennon's #1 target entering a contract year before being an RFA in 2018 plus you Kendall Wright and Markus Wheaton signed to one-year prove it deals. None of these wide receivers are long-term targets in Chicago. Zay Jones could be a long-term target in Chicago if the Bears drafted him here and the Bears could develop him during his rookie season rather than playing him right away. Jones is the best player available and drafting him here gives the Bears a better chance to succeed in 2017 even though it may not give them a franchise quarterback or a cornerstone left tackle that they need long-term.
- Other Chicago Bears Selections
Los Angeles Rams: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
- The Rams surprise people by taking a defensive player in the second round in case Trumaine Johnson does not re-sign in 2018. I had Marlon Humphrey to the Eagles at 14 last week. Humphrey can correct his issues if he goes to the Rams and learns under Trumaine Johnson for a year.
Previous Pick: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
- Other Los Angeles Rams Selections
Los Angeles Chargers: Garrett Bolles, RT, Utah
- Los Angeles drafts Garrett Bolles as a right tackle to compliment Russell Okung. Garrett Bolles provides premium value at this spot.
Previous Pick: Ryan Ramczyk, LT, Wisconsin
- Other Los Angeles Chargers Selections
New York Jets: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
- The Jets get the best player available. At this point, I believe that player is Cordrea Tankersley who fills a huge need at cornerback for the New York Jets.
Previous Pick: Ryan Anderson, 3-4 ROLB, Alabama
- Other New York Jets Selections
Carolina Panthers: Kevin King, CB, Washington
- The Carolina Panthers draft a cornerback for depth. The 6-4 200 lb Kevin King is one of 22 NFL Players to attend the 2017 NFL Draft. Even if he falls to day 2 of the draft, he should be a top 40 pick now.
- Other Carolina Panthers Selections
Cincinnati Bengals: T.J. Watt, LOLB, Wisconsin
- Vontaze Burfict plays right outside linebacker. Kevin Minter plays middle linebacker. One more starter at linebacker is needed though.
- Other Cincinnati Bengals Selections
New Orleans Saints: Marcus Williams, FS, Utah
- New Orleans gets another safety for depth. Marcus Williams is the top safety left in the draft.
- Other New Orleans Saints Selections
Philadelphia Eagles: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
- Philadelphia takes the top cornerback on the board. Tre'Davious White provides fantastic value at this point.
Previous Pick: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
- Other Philadelphia Eagles Selections
Buffalo Bills: Desmond King, CB, Iowa
- Buffalo gets a cornerback here. The Bills can take Desmond King at 34 to anchor their secondary giving the Bills a second corner to pair with Ronald Darby.
- Other Buffalo Bills Selections
Arizona Cardinals: Chris Wormley, 3-4 LE, Michigan
- Arizona goes with a 3-4 left end. Moving Robert Nkemdiche to 3-4 right end and pairing up Wormley with him at 5-technique makes Arizona's defensive line deadly if both Nkemdiche and Wormley play to their potential.
- Other Arizona Cardinals Selections
Indianapolis Colts: Tim Williams, 3-4 ROLB, Alabama
- The Colts get a starting pass rusher here. Tim Williams is someone who can anchor the Colts pass rush for years to come, but his off the field concerns may cause him to drop to the second round.
- Other Indianapolis Colts Selections
Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Willis, 3-4 LOLB, Kansas State
- Baltimore drafts a pass rusher to start across from Terrell Suggs here. Jordan Willis provides a consistent pass rusher who compliments Suggs perfectly here.
- Other Baltimore Ravens Selections
Minnesota Vikings: Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State
- Curtis Samuel is the top receiver left. Minnesota may spend another early pick on a wide receiver.
- Other Minnesota Vikings Selections
Washington Redskins: Jarrad Davis, 3-4 MLB, Florida
- Washington drafts Jarrad Davis for depth here. Washington has 3 short-term 3-4 middle linebackers on the roster. Davis provides a long-term answer and provides some depth as well.
- Other Washington Redskins Selections
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
- Tampa Bay can get a wide receiver here. Chris Godwin is my top receiver available and drafting the big target who picked apart Adoree Jackson allows DeSean Jackson to slide into a slot receiver role.
- Other Tampa Bay Buccaneers Selections
Denver Broncos: Dan Feeney, RG, Indiana
- Denver needs a left tackle, but none are available so in this situation they draft right guard Dan Feeney. Feeney is versatile enough to play every position on the offensive line outside of left tackle so its not like this is a terrible pick.
Previous Pick: Garrett Bolles, RT, Utah
- Other Denver Broncos Selections
Cleveland Browns: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
- The Browns grab another cornerback for depth. Fabian Moreau is simply too good to pass on at this point.
Previous Pick: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
- Other Cleveland Browns Selections
Detroit Lions: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
- Carlos Watkins would be a great replacement for Ndamukong Suh. Watkins is a steal at this point and the Lions showed interest at Clemson's Pro Day.
- Other Detroit Lions Selections
Miami Dolphins: Dion Dawkins, LG, Temple
- Miami uses this pick on a left guard. Dion Dawkins has experience at left tackle so making the transition to left guard should not be a problem.
- Other Miami Dolphins Selections
New York Giants: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
- The Giants get a running back to compliment Paul Perkins. Alvin Kamara never ran for 1,000 rushing yards at Tennessee, yet he may have enough talent to beat out Perkins for the starting running back job on the New York Giants, so the Giants draft Kamara to compliment Perkins, and potentially beat him out here.
Previous Pick: Dan Feeney, RG, Indiana
- Other New York Giants Selections
Oakland Raiders: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
- Oakland gets a running back in the second round. D'Onta Foreman is someone that can start in Oakland and be relatively successful.
- Other Oakland Raiders Selections
Houston Texans: Taylor Moton, RG, Western Michigan
- The Houston Texans get a guy with experience at right guard and right tackle here. Moton gives the Texans depth on the right side of the offensive line.
- Other Houston Texans Selections
Seattle Seahawks: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
- The Seahawks use this pick on a cornerback. Chidobe Awuzie comes into play here with the rumors of Richard Sherman being traded heating up.
- Other Seattle Seahawks Selections
Kansas City Chiefs: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
- The Chiefs get a wide receiver here. JuJu Smith-Schuster is the top receiver available and is a steal for the Chiefs in the second round.
- Other Kansas City Chiefs Selections
Dallas Cowboys: Derek Rivers, RE, Youngstown State
- Dallas will need a 4-3 right end if they take a cornerback in the first round. Derek Rivers is the best player that Dallas can take and he makes so much sense for the Cowboys at this point.
- Other Dallas Cowboys Selections
Green Bay Packers: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
- Green Bay takes Quincy Wilson as a cornerback for depth. Wilson is a steal at this point in the late second round.
- Other Green Bay Packers Selections
Pittsburgh Steelers: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
- The Pittsburgh Steelers draft a cornerback here. Teez Tabor has first round tape and I have a hard time believing he drops to the third round with a bad NFL Combine and Pro Day.
- Other Pittsburgh Steelers Selections
Atlanta Falcons: Demarcus Walker, RE, Florida State
- Atlanta drafts Demarcus Walker here who is an immediate starter at 4-3 right end. Walker fills Atlanta's biggest need and then gives the Falcons the luxury to take the best player available in rounds 3-5.
- Other Atlanta Falcons Selections
Carolina Panthers: Antonio Garcia, LT, Troy
- Carolina gets an offensive tackle for depth here. Sure the Panthers got Matt Kalil in Free Agency at left tackle and will move Michael Oher back to right tackle. Both Kalil and Oher suffered injuries in 2016 and you cannot blame the Panthers for getting an offensive tackle for depth.
- Other Carolina Panthers Selections
Other 2017 NFL Mock Drafts