Chris Ransom follow @DraftUtopia Last Updated: June 12, 2017.
Tampa Bay Rays: Drew Rasmussen, P, Oregon State B Grade
- I like Rasmussen. He could be better than Brendan McKay. Rasmussen is not the best pitcher on Oregon State though which is why the Rays got a B grade.
- Drew Rasmussen missed most of the season with an injury. He's completely healthy again though which is why the Rays can develop him here.
Cincinnati Reds: Jeter Downs, SS, Monsignor Pace HS (FL) B Grade
- The Reds get a short stop here. The 5-10 165 lb Jeter Downs posted a .388 batting average with 7 home runs, 4 doubles, 4 triples and 24 stolen bases in 2017. Jeter Downs showed first round tape. His size though drops him to the second round though.
Oakland Athletics: Kevin Merrill, SS, South Florida F Grade
- The Athletics reached again. Oakland has been one of the big losers in the first round.
Milwaukee Brewers: Tristen Lutz, RF, Martin HS (TX) C Grade
- The Brewers reached again by taking a second to third round talent at 34. MLB has Lutz at 34 so I will bump this up to a C grade.
Minnesota Twins: Brent Rooker, RF, Mississippi State A+ Grade
- The 6-4 220 lb Brent Rooker had a .404 batting average, 21 home runs, 76 RBI's, and 18 stolen bases. What Rooker has done for Mississippi State in 2017 is simply mind boggling. I had Rooker going ten picks before this so this is an excellent pick.
Miami Marlins: Brian Miller, RF, North Carolina D Grade
- Huge reach by the Marlins. Stanton has had durability issues in the past which is what salvages this pick from being an F grade.