2017 MLB Mock Draft: 2 Rounds
Round 1 Picks 31-36
Chris Ransom follow @DraftUtopia Last Updated: April 20, 2017 with updates every Tuesday leading up to Draft Day.
Tampa Bay Rays: Evan White, 1B, Kentucky
- One of the best first baseman in College Baseball is Evan White. White has a power bat and batted .318 in 2015 and .376 in 2016. White has a .383 batting average so far in 2017. White has the tools to develop into a 35-40 home run hitter if you are patient with him in the minors. He already has power hitting, batting average, and speed to get doubles consistently. He's not a home run hitter yet, but Tampa Bay can develop that part of his game in the minors.
- Other Tampa Bay Rays Selections
Cincinnati Reds: K.J. Harrison, C, Oregon State
- The Cincinnati Reds need help everywhere. K.J. Harrison's batting average dipped from .309 to .256 in 2016. Harrison is not the home run hitter this season he was during his first two seasons, but he's got a .349 batting average in 2017. He still hit 10 home runs once again for Oregon State and has the versatility to play catcher, first baseman, third baseman, second baseman, or shortstop. Many MLB teams are projecting Harrison at catcher, first base, or third base. Harrison did an awesome job complimenting Logan Ice in Oregon State's outfield and is worthy of a late first round pick.
- Other Cincinnati Reds Selections
Oakland Athletics: Drew Rasmussen, P, Oregon State
- Drew Rasmussen has the makings of a first round pitcher on tape. Rasmussen can start or play in your bullpen. Rasmussen pitched 106 innings with a 2.80 ERA in 2015. Rasmussen started 4-1 with a 3.40 ERA in 6 starts before a season ending injury. Rasmussen has a fastball that can go up to 97-miles per hour. Rasmussen had Tommy John's Surgery in 2016. He hasn't pitched in 2017 yet, but could be a huge steal if he recovers from his injury.
Previous Pick: Conner Uselton, RF, Southmoore HS (OK)
- Other Oakland Athletics Selections
Milwaukee Brewers: Seth Romero, P, Houston
- Seth Romero got dismissed from Houston. Romero was a first round prospect prior to getting dismissed from Houston. Milwaukee takes a flyer on Romero here.
Previous Pick: Justin Farmer, CF, Riverview HS (FL)
- Other Milwaukee Brewers Selections
Minnesota Twins: Turner Larkins, P, Texas A&M
- The 6-3 210 lb Turner Larkins posted a 2.51 ERA in 2016. Larkins has a 2.92 ERA at this point. Larkins is the best pitcher available at this point even if Minnesota has to use him as a long reliever rather than a starter.
- Other Minnesota Twins Selections
Miami Marlins: Evan Skoug, C, TCU
- The Marlins grab a catcher here. The 5-11 200 lb Evan Skoug had a .301 batting average in 2016. Skoug's batting average declined in 2017, but he currently leads TCU with 8 home runs in 2017. Skoug is one of the top catchers in the 2017 MLB Draft, and may sneak into the first round.
Other 2017 NFL Mock Drafts